Well, the first quarter of the year has come and gone.
That didn't take long.
So right about now, I think it's time for a little goal assessment or reassessment, as the case may be. To read more about my 2013 goals click (here).
As you are probably aware, half of my 2013 goals centered around health...as in exercise. I started the year off with an IT Band injury, but have since gotten over that. I am back to running, oh praise be!
So, let's check the list and see how I'm doing otherwise.....comments (in blue) will follow the goals below.
- Begin a swimming regimen (Swam a few times. I will continue to work on it, but have to say...it is not my favorite activity.)
- Learn to speak Spanish, fluently and maybe French (Not yet.)
- Continue to lose weight (Ahem, can we say hard!!! However, I have lost approx 2 lbs. since starting back running. I'm in menopause, y'all. Weight loss won't be easy nor fast, if done healthily.)
- Run a few 10Ks (I have run one 10K and have another scheduled for the end of May.)
- Run a half marathon (I will begin training probably in August for my first half-marathon....I want my first half to be at the same venue as my first 5K and that is the Georgetown Bridge to Bridge. This is a beautiful course, but it will have 3 bridges. Yikes! Gotta lot of work ahead.)
- Begin working on my scrapbooks again (Not yet. What am I waiting on? Heck if I know. With thousands of pictures to go through, it can be daunting. I used to be a Creative Memories consultant. I need to take my own advice and take one batch at a time, work backwards so at least the resent pictures are currently preserved in an album with journaling done.)
- Continue to research my family history (Ongoing, however, a bit slow at present. I'm still fixated on finding my great-grandfather's death certificate, which continues to elude me.)
- Finish my first quilt completely by hand (I have actually made several quilts with a sewing machine....just haven't finished the one I'm making by hand, yet.) (I have not even picked it up. I did, however, work on knitting a prayer shawl this winter. It's not quite finished, either.)
So, I guess it's time to reassess, tweak and add to the 2013 goals. My goals do change from time to time and I will be adding to them, from time to time. It keeps me on my toes and from getting bored. Heaven help, should I get bored. All sorts of things start happening. Cliff's response to my calls of, "Hey, I've got a good idea"!,........... "Oh, Geez"! Ha!
The Tweaked Goal List:
- Continue to Work on Swimming
- Learn Spanish and maybe French
- Continue to lose Weight and get as Healthy as possible
- Continue to work on Running Goals....a couple more 10K's and that glorious Half-Marathon in October and possibly a second one towards the end of the year.
- Work on Scrapbooks
- Work on Family History
- Finish Quilt and Prayer Shawl
- New! Goal: Home Improvement projects.... 1) New upstairs bedroom windows (energy efficient) 2) New covers for foundation vents 3) Replace front porch column 4) Paint garage 5) Revamp front flower bed, raising it and adding stone walls. 5) Replace carpet and kitchen floors at beach. 6) Make new curtains for beach.
- Learn to make (healthy) homemade bread
This should keep me busy for awhile. I better go. I need to call the carpenter.
How are your goals for 2013 going? Is it time for you to reassess? Go ahead, take the time. Look over them, get yourself on track. You'll feel so much better.
Oh wait, in case you were wondering:
First quarter miles run.....140.05
Grins from my running accomplishments.......multitudes