Monday, November 9, 2015

If You Love Cornbread.....


.....then you will be happy to know that I'm starting a food blog. 

HaHa!

I totally just made that up.
 
Seriously though, if you love cornbread, then you will love this recipe. I made this Sunday and I ate leftovers for breakfast this morning....it's that good. 

I'm calling it....

 Cornbread and Peas

For the peas: Use any kind of peas or beans that you like, I used frozen field peas and cooked according to the package. Canned beans can be used. I bet pinto or black beans would be awesome.

While the peas are cooking, make your cornbread as follows.

For the cornbread: Use 1 box Jiffy cornbread, 1/3 cup oil, 3 eggs, 1 can creamed corn, 8 oz. sour cream, 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos (from a jar). Mix all and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. 

To eat: Slice a good size piece of cornbread and cut it through the center. Top with the field peas or beans of your choosing. 

Let me know if you try it.......



8 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah, man....that is a good old-fashioned Suthern' recipe, if you ask me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cornbread! This sounds REALLY good! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very southern. Hope you try it, Diana.....it's delish!

      Delete
  2. So funny that you mentioned the Jiffy cornbread box. Steve made chili upon my request yesterday. When he went to the grocery store, I told him to pick up a corn bread mix and he came home with a Jiffy box. They were yummy with his chili.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, The link doesn't seem to be working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry for the confusion Angela. That's not a link....I just changed the color of the font for the name of the recipe. That's the recipe written out below it.

      Delete