Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Tummy Soother

I was craving something alkalizing this evening.....something to soothe my tummy. When I get like this, it's cucumbers that I want. So, I whipped up The Veggie Sandwich with plenty of cucumbers and another tummy soother, for me anyway, avocado.

 

**I hate it when I don't take my time when taking pictures. I was hungry, so I took the short cut and used my cell phone. Oh well, at least you get the idea.

So to start, I gathered my food.....

Arugula, chives, tomato, lime, cucumber, avocado and not pictured here celery and mayo.

I sliced and chopped......


I mixed the avocado, chives and celery with a little lime juice.....


I toasted my bread......

.....and spread it with avocado and mayo. By the way, Dukes mayo is the only way to go.

I assembled my vegetables.....


And, here we go. A delicious veggie sandwich.


Avocado and cucumber sandwich with arugula and tomatoes can only be eaten with a side of watermelon. 

La sucette de ventre!

It does a body good.
Pass it on.

Laurie
  




12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how do I get invited to lunch?
    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I wish I could have all my blogging friends over for lunch! I love to cook for family and friends.

      Delete
  2. I don't use mayo but the rest looks great! Love avocado, mostly just as is with salt. Have a good day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I remember....you're vegan, right? You could substitute Veganaise or just use avocado. Sometimes, I mix avocado with finely diced onion and a little white vinegar and eat that over toast....for an afternoon snack, though. Raw onions just doesn't seem right for breakfast. Lol!

      Delete
  3. What could be better (or look more appetizing!) than a healthy meal like that? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, thanks Mama Pea. It was so delicious and soothing to my tummy.

      Delete
  4. Oh the looks delicious. I love avocados!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too, Janey! They are so good for you. I have a really delicious recipe that we like, too. It's a half of an avocado with an egg baked in it. Have you tried that?

      Delete
  5. That looks so tasty and that watermelon, oh my that looks so juicy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That watermelon was definitely juicy and oh so good.

      Delete
  6. Hi Laurie!
    Looks yummy...and I LOVE avacadoes too!
    Enjoy your day...and have a great weekend...
    Miss V napping and then we are going in the pool!! YAY!!
    The humidity has left us...it is a gorgeous day!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your humidity is gone. Ours is still hanging around. Have fun with Miss V.

      Delete