Friday, September 11, 2015

Days Like That




Gdansk, Poland
Polish Woods...compliments of my baby child. 
She inherited her mama's adventurous spirit, but her daddy's fearlessness.

Are you feeling fall in your days? 

Well, I'm not. 

It's still hot and humid here. If we are lucky, we will start to feel some cool crisp days around Halloween. Now, we will have some coolish nights before then, but I'm longing for those cool crisp days. The days that make you want to go on a hike or visit an apple orchard. The days that make you want to sit on a dock with a warm lap quilt across your legs and a good book in your hands, while sipping a nice hot cup of Chai tea. My gosh, even days that make you want to go out and rake! HaHa! Yes, I do like to rake, but I hate to pick up the leaves afterwards. 

And then, I start craving the days that are cold enough that it drives the snakes into hibernation. Although, I don't think the little demons ever do that. But, I do feel a little safer knowing that maybe they are hiding under a rock or a log somewhere....because it's too cold for them to move. Those are the days that I like to get out and explore. Hikes into the woods (on a clear path, mind you..like those in Whitney's Polish woods), adventures with Lidia, Sawyer and Cliff into their worlds of exploration and wonderment. On days like that, I am free from fear. 

Lord, I can't wait for days like that. 

Wishing you cool crisp days,
Laurie

15 comments:

  1. We are experiencing hotter than usual weather - poor Little Lulu could not sleep last night with her long black hair. Cooler days sound lovely and relaxing on a dock with a book sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still hot and humid here, although it does cool down at night. Still doesn't feel like fall at all, though. I'm waiting for those first leaves to turn. And I love to see your breath when you step outside in the morning. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See your breath....me, too!! We must be soul sisters. I can remember having to wear a sweater in the mornings before school in September. Nowadays, it doesn't get that cool until maybe late October. I'm so ready for it.

      Delete
  3. It's raining right now and the temps have fallen. We won't make it out of the 60's this weekend...40's at night. But the warm days will creep in and out and I'll enjoy the change. I love Fall...not so much the Winter days up here! The pictures of the woods are beautiful. I'll get the woods in my yard ready for some walking in a few weeks. I don't meander up there much in the summer...too buggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is my favorite, once it gets here. I know how much you love your woods. Yeah, the bugs would be a deterrent for me too. I'm guessing you're talking about ticks, red bugs and perhaps deer flies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, for sure, fall is my favorite time of year. Most people feel energized in the spring, but for me it's the fall! Our hot, humid weather has broken and we've had beautiful weather for about 4 days now and more in the forecast. Nights are finally cool enough (down into the 40s) that it feels good to snuggle under the covers. I'm sleeping much better, too! Days are sunny so it's just perfect!

    Beautiful shots of the woods from your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mama Pea. I feel you on the fall temps....by far, my favorite time of year. We actually had a nice day here in SC. The humidity was down and it was in the upper 60's when I woke up. Of course, it didn't stay that cool. But, the lower humidity helped greatly.

      Delete
  6. Lovely woods! Wonderful adventuring. Definitely not Fall-like around here. Noontime and 108 degrees. And lately always humid which is icky. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! I don't know how you bear those temperatures. I guess you get used to it somewhat. What's the temps in winter, there?

      Delete
  7. Those woods have such a softness about them. Cool weather has arrived here in the mountains...and we went up even higher to see the Fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful place!
    We have had the humidity again this week...but, I am not complaining!!
    Our Winter is far too long, to wish Summer away!
    Our Fall is gorgeous here in Southern Ontario...
    It is lovely to sit in the warm sun on the deck at the cottage...
    You like raking??? Come on up!!
    We rake..and rake...and then rake again!
    I have a new method...spread out a tarp, and rake the leaves onto the tarp...pull the tarp to the beach, and pile the leaves right onto the bonfire site!!
    Much easier than trying to wheel barrow them down!!
    I would love to join you for that cup of tea!!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Laurie, those are beautiful pictures. I would love to walk in the woods and feel Fall in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! These pictures are from my daughter's trip to Poland. But, I would love to walk in them, too. They look so serene, don't they? Thanks for stopping by. Come back anytime!

      Delete