Friday, July 17, 2015

Hunkered Down Neath The Pecan Tree


 

Sista #2

Lord have mercy, the littlest things just crack me up.

I was just sitting here and heard someone on t.v. say "hunkered down" and it immediately took me back nearly 20 years ago. We lived in town, at the time, on Rosemary Avenue. Dr. Gamble lived next door and had a pecan tree almost on our property line. Actually, some of the branches reached over into our yard.  

Sista came over one night and saw pecans lying on the ground and just had to have some. She sent me inside to get her a bag to gather them in and when I came back out, all I saw was........

Sista.....hunkered down neath that pecan tree on all fours.....gathering fallen pecans into the tail of her shirt. I laughed at the sight of this long-legged grown women sneaking pecans like a squirrel hoarding nuts for the winter. We got a good case of the giggles because we were scared to death Dr. Gamble was going to catch us.  

Sneaking around in dark shadows on all fours......it's just the little things that makes a memory special.

Happy Friday Y'all,
 Laurie

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so funny! Glad you didn't get caught!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Me, too. I would have probably wet my pants.

      Delete
  2. Memories like this are the jewels of life!! blessings ~ tanna
    ps... I'm pretty sure you would have to be pulling me along for the Teton ride. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Tanna! And, I would gladly pull you along in the Tetons!

      Delete
  3. You will have to call her and have another laugh about it. I like what Tanna said, "Memories are the jewels of life," I'm going to remember that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Connie...I know we will get a big laugh out of it. And yes, Tanna has a way with words.

      Delete
  4. What a sight that must have been, Laurie! I love pecans too, so I would probably have been right out there on all fours sweeping those things into my skirt too! Something tells me that is not the only hilarious thing you and Sista ever did. Wishing you the best in the week ahead and that you will be blessed!

    ReplyDelete