Sunday, January 6, 2013

Conversations with Sawyer

I'm really not sure yet, but this may become a regular post. That grandson of mine says the funniest things. Why not share them, right? The following are three very short conversations with Sawyer, just about what he knows. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.



Found this on the internet.......

Just wait, you'll understand......


December 25, 2012

Back story:  We were tracking Santa via NORAD at 8:30 Christmas Eve morning.

Me:   Sawyer and Lidia, NORAD tracked Santa. He's already on his way. Right now, he is in Australia.

Sawyer:   Australia?!?  People live in Australia?  That's a hot place.  It's very hot there.

Ha Ha!!


December 28, 2012

Back story:  Sawyer came to my house the other night with a lighter in his pocket. I flipped out. All I could think of was him catching the Christmas tree on fire.......because Bear Grylls uses dead wood to start fires. Well, it turns out that the lighter was empty. His daddy made sure of that.

Me:  Sawyer? What are you doing with a lighter?

Sawyer:  Well, Bear Grylls keeps one in his survivor backpack. And, anyway this one doesn't work, LaLa. See!

Me:  Okay, good. I'm glad it doesn't work, but lighters can be dangerous. You could accidentally start a fire and get seriously hurt.  I don't want you playing with them. Let's throw this one away. You need to be a little bit older before you can have a lighter.

A couple of days passed by and then at dinner one night, Sawyer looked up at me with those big brown eyes and said:   LaLa, you're not going to like this, but my daddy told me that when I get to be 47 years old that I can have a lighter.

I bursted out laughing...I may have even snorted! LOL!!
 
January 6, 2013:

Me:   How did scrambled eggs get on the floor?

Sawyer:   Granddaddy long legs.

Me:   What?

Sawyer:   Granddaddy long eggs.....I've never eaten any, but I heard they are gross.

Giggle, Giggle, Snort!!

Hallucinations of a 6-year-old.


Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment