Lidia and I had a girls day out, today. She liked it so well that she thinks we should do it at least once a month. I agree!
This is how our day went:
- Christmas shopped for Lidia
- Visited the quaint little town of Abbeville, SC
- Lunch on the square at The Village Grill. I had a roasted veggie (beets, brussels sprouts, carrots and turnips) and farro bowl with a mixed green and walnut salad. Crazy good. Lidia had creamed potato and bacon soup with chives. She loved it and didn't even mind the chives. Normally, she would never try anything so bold. She's growing up, y'all. Dessert was cashew pie...I was told that people will drive in from Atlanta just for that pie.
- Stopped in the Amish grocery store and gift shop.
- Stopped by the storage unit to store a couple of chairs.
- Stopped in Ninety-six to take a few pictures of a ginkgo biloba tree (see below).
And then, when we arrived home......her Papi and Sawyer were building a tree house in a patch of trees they named Sherwood Forest. When they ran out of wood, Lidia made sure they made a trip to Lowe's to get the needed material to finish.
A girl's day out with Lidia......priceless! And of course, we couldn't end the day without taking a few pictures and picking up a few leaves.