Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Month of Thanksgivings


Two of my sisters, Mandy and Carla.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and what better way to celebrate it than to say out loud what I'm thankful for. We've seen this done before, but this year I'll try it a little differently. Each day, you can check my sidebar to see what I'm thankful for on that day.

I would like to thank, Betsy of My Five Men, for the idea of posting thirty days of thankfulness on our blogs.

Since this is day one, I'm going to start here. I have a little more to say than what a list might hold.

So.........

Today, I'm thankful for my sister, Carla. She is the middle child in our family. And I'm not sure if it's a middle child thing or not, but Carla is the one who tries to keep family traditions alive. She's the one who stays in touch with all the rest. Like our mama, Carla has a strong faith and she uses it, relies on it and will turn you towards it on any given day. One more thing....today is Carla's birthday and I just want to say, "Carla, I'm thankful for you and I wish you a very Happy Birthday! 

Laurie

10 comments:

  1. Good idea about posting it in the side bar. Beautiful sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you stopped by. Please come back anytime. Always thankful for new friends.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea!

    Happy Birthday to the "glue" in your family.

    I am thankful for the relaxed holiday season we have planned. Thanksgiving will be at my son's new in-laws and our children asked for a family vacation instead of any presents for Christmas. I am looking forward to a no stress this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that was a great idea for Christmas. I'm all about making the holidays simple and less stressful. Hope you have a very nice Thanksgiving with your son's in-laws. And, I'm thankful for you, my friend.

      Delete
  3. Awww...Great post and Happy Birthday to your beautiful sister!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea for the month of November! Many of usl have so much to be thankful for in these days when world news is so distressing and there are so many folks in our own country going through hard times. Yes, I need to be more aware (and acknowledge!) all I have to be thankful for.

    Happy Birthday to your middle sister. You girls are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mama Pea! You are so right, there is always something to be thankful for.

      Delete
  5. You are very lucky indeed Laurie!
    Happy Birthday Carla!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete