Thursday, May 28, 2015

Whitney's Praise Report

Remember the post I wrote about Whitney, the young mother with cancer, from my hometown? If not, you can read that post here. I know many of you prayed for her and some of you now follow her blog. Well, Whitney had another scan last week and I am sure you would love to know how she's doing. So...with Whitney's blessing, I'm bringing you her praise report.

If by chance, you have not visited Whitney's blog, This Little Light of Mine, you can visit her here. She has an amazing story of faith and hope and I'm sure you'll feel the same, after reading her blog.

Please join me and countless others as we continue to pray for Whitney and her family. I know for a fact that she appreciates each and every one.  I won't keep you any longer.....please read Whitney's story below.

**********


Scan and Update



 Chemo #13

We talked to Dr. Saylors about my scan today! All my tumors, nodules, everything has continued to decrease in size. Some of them are too small to even be measured! The tumors on my liver were measuring 4 cm. They are now around 1 cm! My lymph nodes were the size of ping pong balls and are now the size of lima beans.  Praise God!

We have come to the point where the harm from chemo outweighs the benefit. I am so very tired and I'm tired all the time.  I want to feel good again.  I will finish this cycle (a cycle for me is carboplatin + taxol one week, taxol only the next week, then a week off) and maybe one more cycle. Then I will stop chemo.  I will be checked regularly and I will go back on the chemo, if the tumors grow.

I am happy with this decision. Yes, I still have cancer.  But I am alive, and I will live on!  This is not to say that God will not take this cancer from my body this instant!  I still believe God will heal me. My idea of a miracle was that the tumors would disappear, but THIS is a miracle, too.  I will elaborate on this in a future blog; there is a lot I'd like to say on this subject.  My most fervent prayer was that I would watch my children grow up, and I will!  I am thankful!  I will continue to walk by faith; even more so while I am not taking treatment.  God is so good!  My Father truly has His hands over me.  He is my shield, my anchor, my refuge.  He is everything!  Though I am weak, I lean into His strength and His grace and I am whole.  I am swaddled in His love!
Thank you all for your prayers and support!!  By His stripes, I am healed.
 
**********
 
I think Whitney said it best, "lean into His strength and His grace".
Such wise and wonderful words from this young woman.

And by the way, today is Whitney's 28th birthday and she said that she will spend it celebrating life.
 Happy Birthday, Whitney!
 
God Bless,
Laurie

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday you brave girl Whitney, I was so delighted to read you are well on the road to recovery. I have just found your blog and will be back, but I hope that this birthday will be the one that starts you off on a long journey and that you enjoy many many more birthdays. Us Geminis, we are fighters and positive and I am sure that this has helped in your recovery!! [ my birthday was sunday 24th May.... so hugs from across the pond, and well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Happy Birthday to you as well, Janzi. Thanks for your kind words for Whitney. I know she will welcome your visits with open arms. Please do visit her blog anytime. She is a great girl!

      Delete
  2. What wonderful news for her and her family! God can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Her hope is built on nothing less.....

      Delete