Murrells Inlet, SC
Taken last year, but this is what it feels like today. I need some sun.
1. Spammers are driving me crazy!
2. Because of number 1, I have had to turn on the word verification option. At least until the spammers stop. Sorry for the inconvenience.
3. It is dreary here again today. I don't like cold and rain at the same time. I think the rain is gone, but please SUN come out and play.
4. Whitney flew in Friday.
5. Whitney and I went to her friend, Sarah's wedding on Saturday. Cliff rode almost 50 miles on the Palmetto trail on his mountain bike. Whitney and I picked him up on our way home from the wedding.
6. Sunday was Emily's birthday. She had to work the whole weekend so we didn't get to see her, but we blew up her phone with Birthday wishes....all day long! HaHa! She and the kids are coming home this weekend. Yay!!
7. Sunday I ran 9.1 miles....with Whitney for the first 3.5 miles and then the last half in the rain. Had to be done! I survived and I didn't melt.
8. Lunch and a movie with Cliff and my baby child, Whitney.
9. Dinner with Cliff and my baby child for her 28th birthday. Confused yet about the birthdays? Emily was born on March 16th and 3 years later, Whitney was born on March 19th. Emily couldn't come home for her birthday, but Whitney did. See, it's simple.
10. Oh wait, dinner was at Wicked Tuna. Yum!
11. Monday, the weather was dreary and rainy still. And it was dreary and rainy in my heart. Whitney had to go home. I always cry when she leaves. I try not to in front of her or anyone else, for that matter. I have an ugly cry. It's so embarassing. She had not even gotten inside the door at the airport yet and here came the tears. So I took a picture of myself and sent it to her. I'm good at trying to guilt her into moving home. So far, not even a crying mama has worked. Lord! I need some new tactics. Do y'all know any?
12. Tuesday, my doctor said, "Your vitamin D level is back to normal." Well, good. Then he wanted to talk about taking something for osteoporosis, which I don't even have. My last bone density did show some thinning, but not much. Well hello, I have made all sorts of lifestyle changes since then and I don't intend to take drugs that have serious side effects, such as femur fractures....and especially since I don't even have osteoporosis. Especially! But I will continue to take calcium and vitamin D supplements and I will continue to lift weights and run and I will continue to eat vegetarian going well into the vegan realm. He agreed and was willing to let me do these things and retest next year. I believe wholeheartedly that I'll never need to take meds. I believe that you get to the root of the problem instead of treating symptoms. And that's that!
13. Today: Run, upper body workout with weights, yoga tonight at Black Dog. Can't wait.