Saturday, February 8, 2014

Crocus Confusion


Is it me or my Crocuses? Someone is confused.
The last time I checked, Crocuses are supposed to bloom in March.
Or maybe it's the variety I have....maybe this is the fall blooming kind that blooms into February.
Do they need a colder climate to bloom that long? Maybe that explains why they are showing themselves just now.
 
Who knows?


But get this, not only are the Crocuses in bloom, but the Grape Hyacinths, too.
 
I've decided not to question Mother Nature.
She has her reasons and I sure don't want to get on her bad side.
She can wreak havoc of epic proportions anytime she wants.
And I don't want her slinging an almighty hurricane in my path this summer.
 
And even though, I really want more winter weather....like snow and 20 degree days.......
 
(No....I am not crazy)
 
I'll accept her fabulous gifts of these lovely flowers. She is saying something, people.
 
It's a promise of spring.  
 
*******
 
In case you were wondering.......
 
I'm still huffing and puffing at the gym. It seems to be getting a little easier.
I don't heave and holler, "Oh Lord!" anymore.
I hope that means I'm getting stronger. I can't wait to see what it does for my running.
Speaking of which, I'm running 5 miles tomorrow and then a couple of 3-mile days, this week.....before my 9-mile trail run next Saturday.
 
More on that later,
Laurie
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. I know...my crocuses have been blooming as well! Craziness! Happy running! ;) xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just mentioned on another blog that I would kiss the first crocus I see in my yard. With about 10in. of snow and more falling as I type, I'm pretty sure it won't be any time soon! Kiss yours for me, OK? And I'll get my UPS package of snow on your doorstep ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your soul! I'll give the little crocuses a peck for ya! ASAP as in overnight, right?

      Delete
  3. Nothing in bloom here! A 9 mile trail race sounds tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't get any signs of spring until mid-April so we have a bit to wait still. You go girl with your running! Very proud of you! :D
    Hugs my sweet blogging sister,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete